SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing Couples Who Met on the Internet
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009
... a logical conclusion

Sequitur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nereussailor View Post
... She does better than 90% of the people that I've sailed with in the past. Even my racing buddies from back in Wisconsin. She reads the wind, takes the helm even when it's rough, and can pick up a sailing term in an instant. She's a born natural. When the kid is off to college, we plan on long term cruising together. I couldn't ask for more.
Wonderful, isn't it.

Quote:
I think the internet is a great place for sailors and and sailorettes to meet. and your right, you weed through the ones that want nothing to do with sailing and other things that you're looking for. It really makes the dating thing easy.
You're so right; of the many respondents to my ad, very few made it past the first or second email. Of those that did, only a dozen or so made it to a face-to-face meeting, and of those, only the last one made it more than one meeting

Quote:
Although, you do meet a few psycho's along the way.
But anyone who has successfully navigated the Internet waters strewn with "Nigerian scams", "your online account has been compromised" and other "click-here" shams, should know what's real.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1908 Wildschut Skūtsje

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook