SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by denby View Post
ARE YOU GUYS FREAKING INSANE??????? There's NO WAY I'd sail in that crap!!!

Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?

If prepared, and knowing what you are doing, keeping a cool head and don't panic, it's just another day sailing. Just in different conditions. Sailed for 10 hours in steady winds of 25kt and many gust to 50kt. Kept our wits about us and had fun, you've seen the pic of my friend at the helm, that was the storm.
Den - You're saying Force 10 is just another day of sailing???? Dude, I KNEW you were a BFSer!!!!! Maybe even an FC sailor!!!

Caleb - I don't quite have the actual JSD "completed" - and it was hard to deploy anything while sobbing on the sole. But I did find an old bra and some kite string and chucked that over the stern during the wind shift. Worked flawlessly. Dog was right.

Charlie - yeah it was pretty impressive. Some of the boats at the very end of the dock took a pretty good beating from the waves. The marina has had to push everything pretty far out of the channel into the lake - so it's all more exposed now.

Pain - that's my BFS Yacht Tether**. I had the marina put it in for me. It's got 2 miles of cable. When I go sailing, I just hook in the "Smacktanic" and shove off. Then when I totally screw up and run aground or run out of gas, I just put in a quick call to the boys and they reel me back into the slip. Who needs Seatow!?!

**FULL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: Sailnet has a agreed to start carrying the BFS-YT next year, and has hired me to be their celebrity endorser (at $1.8M/year). It's all very awkward, yes. But this is one hell of a product. I think it's going to be a huge hit and will save many, many lives. (big smile and shine off the front tooth...which is gold by the way)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 08-28-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook