SailNet Community - View Single Post - Florida sailing
Thread: Florida sailing
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009

xsboats is on a distinguished road
If you will be working in Jax, You will find sailing out of St. Augustine to be much more pleasant. Dockage ranges from $8.50 per foot on older fixed docks on up to $14.00 per foot on new floating docks on a monthly basis. I dock at Oyster Creek marina on a floating dock for $10.00 per foot during the off season and $13.00 during peak. It is very protected, has a great restaurant, is 2 minutes from groceries and West Marine, and less than an hour from the ocean if you catch a timely bridge opening.The drive from most anywhere in Jax. down to St. Aug. is inside of 1 hour. Most marinas in Jax will eat up at least half a day transiting to the ocean and back. As far as the trip south from Montauk, I have delivered numerous yachts over that stretch of water and usually take 7-10 days to do so . Mileage is roughly 365 to Norfolk, 205 Norfolk to Beaufort[in the ditch], 425 Beaufort to St. Augustine, and 300 St. Augustine to Miami. Feel free to contact me for local information or if you are looking for a captain, Scott 904-540-2291

Last edited by xsboats; 08-29-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook