We went down to the boat last week just in case we had to deal with 'Bill,' but fortunately he just brought some rain. So I used the opportunity to make some preparations, based on the plan to use multiple anchors and trees up in our creek. I can take advantage of my shallow draft swing keel (1' 10" with keel up) to get farther up the creek than other boats, so I will be well protected and not blocking any waterway.
As I mentioned elsewhere I decided to update the 20 year old Danforth. I ended up buying a Rocna #15 (33 lbs), mostly because it was available in the store and it is a size up from the 20 lb Danforth. Also it was not that much more expensive than the replacing the Danforth HT, but I am hoping it will be more versatile and as dependable. I purchased new chain (50') and new anchor rode for the Rocna.
I also purchased new shackles for the Danforth and the CQR that came with the boat (the shackles looked to be the worst for ware.
Both the Danforth (with 35' of chain) and the CQR (with 10' of chain) are on the opposite ends of the same 250' of anchor rode. So I believe I now have 3 serviceable anchors. In addition, I purchased (for $30 I might add) 2 lengths of 120' used 3/4" anchor rode that after some soaking in hot soapy water became nicely playable. So I have some length of line to tie to trees, in addition to dock lines if needed.
I took the Bimini off the boat, to make some mends and I figured out how to remove the sails. I have owned the boat for one year, but I did not hank the sails on and it has been at our dock in NC for most of that year, so the sails (under cover) have not needed to be removed.
So I am feeling better about my plan. I can remove everything from the boat at the dock/house and move the boat up the creek in a few hours. Now I have to practice setting the anchors and finding the best way to tie her off to shore.