SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing from Sagatuck (LI Sound) to Block Island
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009

Blockboy420 is on a distinguished road
Sailing from Sagatuck (LI Sound) to Block Island

Ahoy,

I am not an ameteur to the sea by any means. but next summer I have planned to take my 27 ft Hunter dubbed "sugar magnolia" (after the grateful dead song) to block island

i am not much of a liveaboard sailor by anymeans. the furthest i have ever taken it is about 6 miles off the harbor of Cedar Point Yacht Club for a day trip with some friends, or out by kikini

i have experince sailing lasers, hobie's, sunfish and such but never such a relativly large vessel. my father has given it to me for my 18th birthday and my buddy and i plan on living on it all summer in the great salt pond while working there.

the reality of the situation is i have done the route many times but never actually driven... or sailed there for that matter i would like your knowledge and expertise onthe route, where i should stay

and what exactly i should have on the boat and what it will cost me. i will go into further detail later and explain my situation and plan for work if you are interested.

my questions are, how should i break up the trip?
how do i plan my trip with the tide?
my bow light, mast light, and ACC do not work, fuses are not the problem
most of the electrical is skrewy at best and the water pump doesnot work
what in terms of electrical equipment, ice boxes, covers, and other equp, should i have... i was thinking like a propane stove and such. well
get back to me i have all the time to discuss this just need some help.

safe sailing, Blockboy.

-27' Hunter "Sugar Magnolia"

-14' Boston Whaler; 50Hp 2stroke "Day Tripper"

-1976 Sunfish and Hobie Wave
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook