SailNet Community - View Single Post - Online resources for Beneteau owners
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009

pearle99 is on a distinguished road
Beneteau is the largest volume boat builder in the world therefore you will see more of them in marinas and more of them in yards under repair. They are also used extensively in charter fleets (Moorings for example) where they see a lot of work. WHOOSH's comments are not of much value to me. From what I know of Beneteau they use some of the most advanced manufacturing techniques and equipment available - allowing them to provide well made boats at good value. Every boat is an assembly of many manufacturers - engines, winches, rigging, sails, pumps, batteries etc. so nailing one boat builder for 'quality' issues is crazy. The builder makes the hull and fits the rigging and equipment - I saw one posting where a guy was nailing C&C because his Yanmar sail drive failed - in fact he tried to sue C&C - crazy stuff.
It seems to me the key to having a good boat is to keep it maintained after it is manufactured. There is a lot of junk in every marina - look hard enough and you might even find a dilapidated Swan.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook