SailNet Community - View Single Post - pt 30-2 (plastrend)
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009

xbalancex7 is on a distinguished road
pt 30-2 (plastrend)

I am very interested in a boat called a (plastrend) pt 30-2 designed by britton chance 1973. almost a mirror image of the chance 30-30. I am looking at this as a long voyage/liveaboard vessel for the next 2-5 years of my life. I am decently new to sailing and I have never lived aboard. here is what I know about it so far. asking price 7.5k. diesel engine running, sails in working order. condition is very clean and dry. very little wood and no core that I know of. lead keel draft of about 5.5ft. with tiller steering. small single burner gimbaled stove. keel bolts are squeeky shiney clean .

head is small and stored underneath the bow v-berth roughly 5g storage. water storage is about 15g. fuel roughly 15g diesel. No shower and only a small handpump galley sink. I would have access to marina showers and bathrooms anyways, but if out a solar shower could utilized on deck in a pinch.

here are the specs

PT-30-2 (PLAS TREND 30-2) Sailboat details on sailboatdata.com (units English)

anybody know much about these boats? I hear 1970's were good fiberglass years and it does seem very wellbuilt. prices? values? any ideas I htink around 7k is a good price for the diesel power, good condition, sales etc..... anythoughts would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook