SailNet Community - View Single Post - pt 30-2 (plastrend)
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 09-06-2009 Thread Starter
xbalancex7

pt 30-2 (plastrend)

I am very interested in a boat called a (plastrend) pt 30-2 designed by britton chance 1973. almost a mirror image of the chance 30-30. I am looking at this as a long voyage/liveaboard vessel for the next 2-5 years of my life. I am decently new to sailing and I have never lived aboard. here is what I know about it so far. asking price 7.5k. diesel engine running, sails in working order. condition is very clean and dry. very little wood and no core that I know of. lead keel draft of about 5.5ft. with tiller steering. small single burner gimbaled stove. keel bolts are squeeky shiney clean .

head is small and stored underneath the bow v-berth roughly 5g storage. water storage is about 15g. fuel roughly 15g diesel. No shower and only a small handpump galley sink. I would have access to marina showers and bathrooms anyways, but if out a solar shower could utilized on deck in a pinch.

here are the specs

PT-30-2 (PLAS TREND 30-2) Sailboat details on sailboatdata.com (units English)

anybody know much about these boats? I hear 1970's were good fiberglass years and it does seem very wellbuilt. prices? values? any ideas I htink around 7k is a good price for the diesel power, good condition, sales etc..... anythoughts would be greatly appreciated
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome