SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another restoration project
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009

GypsyNight is on a distinguished road
I'm a new owner of a Citation 34 produced by the good folks at Irwin Yachts. She needs some work but that was my sort-of-plan anyway...

Hope you sailors are sailing often now! I like the way this boat sails, so far. Have been on only a 2 hr sea trial. My issues with my boat are leakage of the port lights (duh, the angle is too steep and rainwater has nowhere to go but to window gasket and SIT there). Wrong ports have been used. Who keeps their port gaskets lubed up and PERFECT against sitting water that wont evaporate for hrs/days?? ) So, interior wood is bad. New rain-drain ports form Defender for 120 each should work. Caulking is easy and not the culprit here. Other issues with her, water tank under port settee is kinda damp/wet. Think I will cut off top of tank with saw and replace with FG piece OR put a bladder in the tank, etc. Deck softness.....yes, its there.cry me a river...keep it checked but DONT spend $$$ money on it to help yacht services companys happy...it's a racket.

Last but not least is the raw water cooled engine...should I rebuild it? Is a 1980 yanmar 2 cyl. Runs well. Boat not really worth a huge investment by re-powering.

OK Irwin owners of the 34! Let's unite and prosper!
Les
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook