SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where did you sail over the Labor Day Weekend?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Finished a slow trip around the Delmarva

Huricane Bill made for a nice swell on the beginning ocean leg 2 weeks ago, but we enjoyed wonderful reaching conditions. All of the Delmarva inlets were breaking, except for Chincoteague. They had a marker off-station, the but the CG told me where it was and where it should have been; no troubles. They had it back in place the next day.

We got to bash up the Delaware into 20 knots with an opposing tide. A lot of pitching for the first bit. There was no avoiding it; we were in Cape May and the wind stayed north for a week.

And then there was the upper Chesapeake on the weekend. About 100 muscle boats started a poker run, I guess, from the head of the Bay. Every express cruiser must have been out, adding a wake. By mid-morning there were 2-foot waves coming from every dirrection, but with no perceptible wind driven waves, even though it was blowing 10 knots.

By Sunday we were off Annapolis, jibing around a dozen racing events and enjoying great reaching conditions.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook