SailNet Community - View Single Post - marinas florida''s west coast
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2001

RobHoman is on a distinguished road
marinas florida''''s west coast

Jack....which marina were you thinking of?
I''m living aboard down here at Burnt Store Marina & Country Club....kinda remote, not close to anything (10 miles to nearest anything) which is the way we like it, but the only other marinas I know of on Charlotte Harbor is the Punta Gorda City Marina, a marina sort of, Gasparilla Marina out by Placida, Fisherman''s Village in Punta Gorda, and there is supposed to be one at Boca Grande and I think a new one in Englewood, Talisman Marina on the ICW at Lemon Bay, just inside Stump Pass/Little Gasparilla. Those are the only ones I know of around here. If you can think of the name of the other one you are thinking about...let us know.

There is also a marina in the center of Sarasota....rates on transient slips are high, but you can anchor out. Stores pretty close by, but you would need to use at least a bike.

Nothing will be that close to everything, and you will need at least a bike or public transit to get around. Florida planners never considered people without cars when they laid out towns and such.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook