SailNet Community - View Single Post - marinas florida''s west coast
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 06-29-2001
marinas florida''''s west coast

Jack....which marina were you thinking of?
I''m living aboard down here at Burnt Store Marina & Country Club....kinda remote, not close to anything (10 miles to nearest anything) which is the way we like it, but the only other marinas I know of on Charlotte Harbor is the Punta Gorda City Marina, a marina sort of, Gasparilla Marina out by Placida, Fisherman''s Village in Punta Gorda, and there is supposed to be one at Boca Grande and I think a new one in Englewood, Talisman Marina on the ICW at Lemon Bay, just inside Stump Pass/Little Gasparilla. Those are the only ones I know of around here. If you can think of the name of the other one you are thinking about...let us know.

There is also a marina in the center of Sarasota....rates on transient slips are high, but you can anchor out. Stores pretty close by, but you would need to use at least a bike.

Nothing will be that close to everything, and you will need at least a bike or public transit to get around. Florida planners never considered people without cars when they laid out towns and such.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome