SailNet Community - View Single Post - Weekend Sail from Annapolis to Baltimore
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009

langianeseli is on a distinguished road
Weekend Sail from Annapolis to Baltimore

So I am going to a wedding Saturday in the Inner Harbor of Baltimore and I would like to mix it in with a small cruising trip - Backcreek, Annapolis to the Inner Harbor of Baltimore.

My timeline would be to leave Friday - early morning and arrive in the Inner Harbor, sometime Friday evening. Then sleep on the boat Friday, hang out in the Inner Harbor and go to the wedding Saturday evening, and then sail back on Sunday.

So here are my questions, but feel free to offer advice about any part of the trip, or to offer money saving ideas:

1. Is there a free place/good anchorage to stay at Friday night in the harbor or is it better just to get a slip at the Baltimore Marine Center? Is the Baltimore Marine Center a good, safe place to stay? I planned on trying to at least get a slip for Saturday so we could shower up.

(I know there were some similiar discussions about this on the 4th of July/Baltimore forum, but I am looking for more detailed up-to-date info)

2. Any Itinerary suggestions..this will be my first sail up there - but 10 hrs Friday seems like plenty time to make a one-way trip there and 10 hrs Sunday for the trip back.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook