SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mac 26M owners bite back
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009
Midwest Puddle Pirate

US27inKS has a spectacular aura about US27inKS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Yo US - lighten up dude. Seriously. Threads don't die. If someone is interested in the subject and is willing to comment on it - it lives. No matter how long it's been. Who gives a damn?

Mini - blow the above post off. Starting a new thread just for the sake of not offending some weird "rule" that makes no sense anyway is silly. I don't know who came up with that one. But this is a forum where people talk about sailing - not try to earn a blue blazer from the Proper Forum Rules Society.

Have fun, dude.
Fine with me. I was just trying to save him from getting a nasty slap from someone who may be much less understanding whether it's on this board or elsewhere. Although many of the real board "rules" guys have moved on, there are still some out there.

How many times have we seen someone give advice on something like paint application 3 years after the OP painted his boat? Does it make sense to leave them flailing about in message board limbo, or should we point out that they are answering (or commenting on) 3 or 5 year old threads? I think it's better to bring them around to more current conversations so we can all benefit.

I was just trying to gently bring him around to the current year, and current conversation, instead of letting him beat a dead horse by himself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
John USYacht 27 "Cora Lee"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook