SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jessica Watson
Thread: Jessica Watson
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdidriksen View Post
Omatako:

Where in the article does it say that she was at fault? It may very well be the case that she was, but so far I haven't seen any details as to how the incident occurred. While I can't imagine sending my own daughter off at age 16 to try something like this (i.e., I'm probably in your camp on this) I don't think we know any facts at this point in time. Since her press release and press conference seem to very carefully avoid discussing what actually happened, it seems a bit suspicious to me, but in any event I think it worth waiting to hear the circumstances before laying blame.

MD
Local press here in Oz are quoting JW as saying that she was below deck when the incident occurred and that the ship has acknowledged that they saw her.

So.....she was not keeping a proper watch......and the ship didn't stop to render assistance.......mmmm....the lawyers should have fun with this for a for quite some time....

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook