SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jessica Watson
Thread: Jessica Watson
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009

theartfuldodger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to theartfuldodger
The adventure she is going to attempt has and will be subject to many views and comments as are all things in their infancy, and once the adventure is done and completed all negatives will be long gone and pushed to the side. I myself went through such a situation with the Sailing Vessel Precipice - NEW trip of this family. They were going to attempt to sail through the North West Passage, and I was wondering how the parents of two young girls so young could put their girls in so much danger. As they were going to leave Canadian waters to go to Greenland first then re-enter Canada I thought for sure that the officals in the north would see these two young girls and think this is too dangerous and for sure their adventure would be over. I was not the only one with these views at the time. Now that they are nearing the finish all the negative comments and thougths are being pushed to the side. All I can say is that they were very fortunate that things went well. This has left me wondering was I being an out of step individual and a regualor stick in the mud.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook