SailNet Community - View Single Post - Input on mast/boom hardware required
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009

Finallybuyingaboat is on a distinguished road
Input on mast/boom hardware required

Unfortunately I do not have a picutre handy, but will take one tonight if this is not clear.

Anyway, my boom gooseneck is attached to the mast on a T track. This T track extends up the mast about 18 inches above where the boom attaches. When I raise the main, the bolt rope slides in to the mast okay, but the problem is down at the tack (bottom corner of the sail where the mast and boom meet). I have no way of attaching the tack and the bottom 18 inches of the main sail kind of flap around when I sail. I figure I have 2 options:

1) Remove the T Track and use a gooseneck for the boom which fits into the internal track in the mast. This would allow me to use a sail slug at the tack to hold it in place.

2) Leave the T track on the mast and find some kind of slider which I could attach the tack to to hold it in place. I am not sure what kind of slider would work best as I also want to be abel to adjust my luff tension using a cunnigham.

If it makes a difference, the boat is a Shark 24. All inputs (and other ideas) welcome.

Thanks

Paul Alexander
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook