SailNet Community - View Single Post - Deck paint/ epoxy???
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009
clueless

dieselboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarity36 View Post
Hey Dieselboy - I'm repainting Clarity, using Sterling linear aliphatic polyurethane aircraft grade 2 pack from your country. It seems we don't make top line paints here in oz, and Sterling paints are highly recommended. The finish coat goes on with roller and brush, and is "self-levelling", meaning after a few minutes the brush marks just disappear, and it looks like a sprayed finish. Start with 2 pack epoxy primer, rub it back with 180 grit. Next coat is 2 pack polyurethane primer. Rub that back with 240 grit. Boy, it's smooth by this stage. Then topcoat. Clarity is out of the water for a total refit, on top of a mountain here in Queensland, and we get breeze 9 days out of 10, so a sprayed finish is out of the question. Lots of work, but the paint is expensive, so that kind of balances out the equation. i think
I shot them an e mail but i still have not heard a word back from them on quantity vrs price.. So i have opted to go with the interlux and i just saw a boat with the top side redone via roll on and it looks great..
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook