SailNet Community - View Single Post - Diesel vs 4 stroke outboard???
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
outboards cavitate (lift out of the water in rough water when you need them most) no matter how well they are mounted. on the plus side they run great and for hours on end, no where near the problems as 2strokes.

I love my Diesel inboard and don't think I'd ever want a boat without one. on a 26ft CB boat though, The question of where the inboard would go in relation to the cb trunk and the cb when it's up, engine access, engine cradle, batteries, then the controls, the shaft log, shaft, cutless bearing and strut, water lift muffler, raw water intake with strainer, diesel tank, tank plumbing, filter, pump, bilge access just to mention a few things.

Your taking a 26ft cb boat on the ocean? Hope you have the experiance for such a trip!

My boat is for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook