SailNet Community - View Single Post - My 3-5 Year Plan toward the Cruising Life
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2001

ern-n-jo is on a distinguished road
My 3-5 Year Plan toward the Cruising Life

Hi Chris,
My wife and I have a similar dream. We plan to retire in 5yrs. and have a cruising life in Fl.(keys)and occasional passages. We just plan to liveaboard for 2-4 mths. out of the year and keep our house to come back to, except we are still undecided whether to sell our house and get maintanance free living for the times we are away. We love our house (20 acres in the country) but there is a lot of upkeep. We are pretty new to sailing too, I took the ASA basic keel and coastal cruising course and plan on taking courses every year. We sail every chance we get at the lake on our Hunter 240 we bought last year. We still need more sailing experience. Unlike you Chris, I''m starting kind of late (57 yrs) so it''s important to me to get as much experience sailing as I can and supplement our income for a cruising kitty fast. We plan on chartering different boats to compare how we like them. We have been researching boats for the one we will need, and came up with the Morgan 41 OI, it''s supposed to be a
comfortable,roomy, stable, good liveaboard. Any information anyone has on this boat would be appreciated. It''s a great dream and It can come true with determination. We would like to hear about any experiences anyone has had on the Morgan 41 good or bad. email me at ernscarjo@aol.com

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook