SailNet Community - View Single Post - Link 20 rewiring
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009

chris_gee is on a distinguished road
Ok I have narrowed it down to a 13 odd v between the negative shunt for the bank 1 and the neg terminal for battery 1 the link that sparks when I try to connect it so I haven't. And the same for that first to the second battery of bank 1.
I havent been game to complete hooking up the negatives of bank one. Maybe it is some residual through the link 20 with a voltage but low current. There isnt really anything showing up on the link maybe because it needs bank one circuit completed. I have programmed it before so that isnt a problem. The yellow light of the pathmaker battery combiner which I didn't touch is on but I haven't read up on that yet well I have in the past but not lately.
I did find one fault causing the voltage between the two neg terminals of bank one so the main problem now seems to be that that negative terminal on the shunt shows a voltage. I rolled my eyes in despair and sought prof help but was told the week after next (maybe on past experience). Fish to be caught.
I have a couple of things to try like only connecting one battery and disconnecting the link by removing the fuses but really the fundamentals of electricity were a long time ago and then theoretical, I dont know if diodes were even invented then. I don't mind payng professionals but paying an apprentice tradesman's rates to get it wrong even if they were available sticks in the craw a bit.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook