SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catamaran Questions from a Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009

skippertony is on a distinguished road
Hi Michael & Welcome
I am new to this thing myself. I did the lesson / school thing. I have only been actively moving towards my goal for a little over tree years. With limited connection into the sailing world other than the net and tons of magazines I had opinions of what would be my ideal boat. I deliberatly chose a school that had no intersest in chartering or selling boats. Intitially I got much information and opinions from instructiors that had crised extensively, then I joined the schools sailing association and got more feedback and opinions, then I walked the docks and alot of talking and went day sailing with friends. The net result after tons of inofrmation and opinions is that my ideas of what would be the perfect boat have changed extensively. As far as charter boats go in my experience I did put one into the "rocks" with no apparent damage. I would not want to buy that boat on the used market!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tony

"A much wiser man than I once said 'DON'T DREAM YOUR LIFE, LIVE YOUR DREAMS
Another wise man said "don't worry about it you will get a headache!"

Last edited by skippertony; 09-19-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook