SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau SO 45.2
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
vadim,

I recently was aboard a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2. Not sailing, but at anchor. The owners gave me a tour of the boat, so I had the opportunity to give it a good lookover.

This boat was the 3-cabin/2-head version. I liked the layout. Similar to a Catalina 42 tri-cabin, but with more of everything. One feature I especially liked was the full-sized navigation station, a feature which is absent in the Catalina 42 tri-cabin as well as the 3-cabin/3-head layout and the 4 cabin versions of the 45.2.

I also liked the cockpit layout. The twin helm configuration really opened up the ingress/egress through the open transom. I also liked how the swim ladder recesses under a hatch instead of folding up and blocking the walk-through.

There were vast amounts of cockpit locker storage, plus a huge "garage" locker on the foredeck just aft of the fairly large anchor locker (accessed via a large deck hatch with stairs).

The owners had purchased this boat new from Jeanneau, and had spec-ed the larger turbo engine as well as many optional features. They reported speeds under power and sail ranging from 7-9 knots, I seem to recall. The larger engine will apparently push the boat quite well.

Overall, I was pretty impressed by the features and finish. Plus, these owners had taken meticulous care of the boat (it is for sale -- the one in Rockhall, MD on Yachtworld).

Personally, I would prefer their 3-cabin/2-head layout to the other versions you are considering, but your circumstances may be different. Also, I would try to find one that was not coming out of charter -- less wear and tear, better maintenance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook