SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help! I''ve got rust!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005

pjfsail is on a distinguished road
Help! I''''ve got rust!

Sasha has provided you with excellent step by step advice. The only thing I would like to ad is several specific products I am familiar with. The name of an excellent rust remover is called, The Must For Rust. If you can''t find it locally it is manufactured by Supreme Chemicals of Georgia Inc. Atlanta, GA 30076 (800) 466-7126. This stuff is magic. I bought a wood shaper that had set out in the weather, the top had rusted really bad. I put this on and kept it wet for several hours. I literally brushed the rust off with 400 grit emory paper. The table top literally looks like it is new! It is also an inhibitor as no rust has reappeared in the last year. I think in your case you would want to treat the plate with a primer and an over coat. I like to use Interlux 404/414 Epoxy Barrier Coat. This product is a bit pricey as you will also need a special thinner from Interlux 2333N. You can also call Interlux''s Technical Support for a top coat at (800) 468-7589. The guys in Tech are truly helpfull. Lots of success on your project. Peter
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook