SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau SO 45.2
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Now that I am reading your needs and so forth a bit better. You speeds you want will/should be very atainable with the boat you are looking at. Most of us with Jeanneaus will tell you they sail well. better than a catalina, hunter etc.

You may want to try and get ahold of a poster on here, Zanshin, he had a 43ds that he got out of charter, now has a 49ds IIRC. I do not remember if it came out of charter or not.

The as I remember from a thread on the Jeanneau owners forum, the 45.1 vs 45.2 vs 45.3 are no different than some maufactures having mk 1 vs mkII vs Mk III versions. Enough upgrades that they feel they need to call them something slightly different, yet not enough to say they are a different boat altogether.

I do not know how true this is. but local sales rep for Jeanneau has said the boats out of charter do not seem to have the amenities that a non charter boat has. Not sure if this is Sunsail etal not ordering them in with the stuff, or Jeanneau selling boats heading to charter with out as much stuff on board or some combo there of. This is just a I've heard, do not know "HOW" true it is, but it would not surprise me that a charter might not be as fully optioned out per say.

Marty