SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau SO 45.2
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
I got my 43DS out of charter (from Sunsail) in the Caribbean and feel that I got a good deal - while there were obvious use-related issues overall the price more than reflected that. With a lot of elbow grease careful maintenance I got the boat back into shape. The newer boat, the 49DS was almost new when I bought it - having only been sailed on the ARC after commissioning and then put up for sale.

The different charter companies have different maintenance regimes; the big ones will be "average" in terms of maintenance and most likely a bit above average in use (mainly engine hours, your sails might still be pristine). The smaller operations have a chance of being "above average" to "excellent" but you won't know until looking at the boat or having a surveyor do so.

I don't know how different the hull forms are between my old 43DS and the 45.x models, but I remain quite happy with the sailing performance of Jeanneaus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook