SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 34 Owners or Sailors
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009

lewiskeizer is on a distinguished road
My C&C 34

My boat is Legacy, formerly Illusion kept for four years by previous owner at Tahoe. He purchased in Southern California and had it professionally maintained. Excellent condition. I keep Legacy at Fortman Marina on the Alameda Estuary out of San Francisco Bay. I am preparing Legacy for a cruise to Southern California and Sea of Cortez next fall, then in legs for a circumnavigation. I wanted a good light-air boat big enough to provision me for single- or short-handed cruising. Learning how to handle heavy winds in SF. Boat wants to be double-reefed in 20 knots but sails very fast. Ancient Stearns hydraulic backstay tensioner working fine, but am looking for parts I can adapt when the seal finally gives up. Backstay and babystay tension make a serious difference with the C&C 34 in both pointing and speed. The old ST 4000 is working fine, and much better now that I changed some of the root settings, so use it with a remote for singlehanding. Great for tacking, jibing, time off the wheel. Legacy was beautifully maintained, has nearly new sails, lifelines and rod rigging recently renewed, etc.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook