SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tough little boat
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Not going to tow them with a Jeep

Before this thread spins out of control into a Macgregor bash fest, let me comment.

You might want to check out John Vigors 20 small boats to take you anywhere and add an Albin Vega and International Folkboat to your list. I am looking for a boat in a similar category to you and know your constraints. I have a V-8 explorer and probably have a slightly larger towing capacity than you and know of no boat in this category that will be towed comfortably by anything less than a 1/2 ton pickup with a 3/4 ton recommended. Figure aroun 5-6 thousand pounds for the boat, 7-8 thousand on the trailer.

Also concider this boat while being on a trailer is not trailerable. It will take a major effort to get this thing in the water and ready to sail figure 2+ hours. Not something you want to drop into the lake for an afternoon sail. Other thoughts may be a Montgomery 17 or a ranger 23, both light enough to tow, and capable sailors.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook