SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dufour 325 vs. C & C 99
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
You are asking and apple vs orange question. The C&C is a racer that will cruise, the Dufour, will cruise fast, but not really designed per say to race. But you probably know the saying, if two sailboats are insight of ea other, one is racing the other! The Dufour will race, it is not setup as the C&C is, nor does the Dufour have any wins to my knowledge in the major race catagory like the 99 does. If you want to compare a Dufour model to the C&C, you need to look at the 34 or 34e models. Even then, the 99 is the better/faster boat per say. At least IMHO.

As far as the epoxy issue with C&C, the smaller boats, ala the 99, and the Tartan 3400 have not had the issues of the larger ones in the 37-40'range. The 3400 would be a better comparison to the Dufour 32. Others similar would be the Jeanneau SO32, or the Benetueau oceanus models in the 31-34' range too. Same with Jeanneau, ie the SO32 if you can find one, or the new 33i or 30i, altho the 30 might be a bit smaller. Neither of the last two you would find used.

As far as stepping and restepping. Maybe on the east coast where you have to haul in the winter, but here in the NW US, ie Puget sound, they are left on 24/7/365!