SailNet Community - View Single Post - Question : Install New Engine vs Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009
Waiting For Spring

krozet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
So - Robert... have you done the deal on the boat yet?
Deposit paid last week, final payment tomorrow.

The current owner scanned and emailed me the Florida title of the boat, and since that title is in the name of the previous owner he sent me the sales contract from the previous owner to himself. The current owner never transferred the title as he lives overseas and didn't know if he was going to sell the boat or sail it home. He scanned and emailed me a sales contract from himself to me as well as an example letter for me to use too get the title canceled in Florida so I could start the process of getting the boat registered in Canada. I have emailed the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles 2 days ago asking them what I need to do in order too get a letter of cancellation for the boat title from their system but have yet to hear back from them. If I don't hear from them today I will have to call them.

I almost started a thread about the whole process but thought I had started enough threads in the last week and didn't want to irritate anyone.

Guess I will be the proud owner of an expensive hole in the water in the next couple days.

Robert

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook