SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 445
Thread: Catalina 445
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by roline View Post
I checked out the Morgan Catalina 44 last year and would conclude that it fit most of the criterion that I have established. A real bilge, not a shallow one to allow water to slosh around in. Wife approval factor (W.A.F.) every where you look. A workroom with a vice and with a washer and dryer. It was a real Winnebago on water. Only question is how does it sail? I also have been a fan of the Caliber boats with the tankage serving as additional safety hulls. You can't beat that for true blue water cruising..
We chartered an IP 380 and what storage areas, real bilge, effective rig great ride.... But back to the W.A.F. Morgan Catalina 44
Note that the 440 is a VERY differnt boat from the 445.

The 440 is a live aboard, comfortable cruiser. The 445 is a rocket meant for coastal racing (though I can make a very strong argument that you can take that boat as blue water as you want).

Just fyi.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook