SailNet Community - View Single Post - Long time lurker, now a boat owner.
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 09-25-2009 Thread Starter
Sn0wman

Long time lurker, now a boat owner.

Hi all,

I've lurked here for years, posted a few times but mostly just tried to sponge up any info I could. I have had a great time learning, laughing and getting a great deal of info and insight here. (if my employer ever new how much time I spend here in the winter months reading about people in white sandy beach areas.)

A bit about me, I Live in northern lower Michigan, near Traverse City. I've always liked boats and dreamed of going places on them. Fresh out of college I ran into a coworker who's family are huge sailors, spent the whole summer with them on a variety of there boats. Completely hooked. Landed another job with a sailing coworker and really got hooked again. About that time I ran across this site while starting to research for a purchase of a boat. Then life happened, got married, dogs, kid, mortgage payments, and back pain. So over the last few years I have sort of been off again on again as I get closer to the dream of boating with the family.

This summer I bought an affordable sailing dinghy, Wife didn't mind cause it was plenty cheap. We go out a few times a week most of the late summer and she's loving it, even the kid gets a kick out of it once she has a job(sheet trimmer). This allowed me to move up in boat so I am sure I will be asking even more questions now that I have a boat to work with.

We just purchased a wonderful 22 foot hunter this last weekend. As I see it a great next step while we sit on the waiting list for a slip and a great way to work our way up to a mid 30's boat in a few year.

Thanks for the incredible site, the great people who know so much.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome