SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working from my office...on a sailboat? Yeah!! (I want-to and need advice)...
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 09-29-2009
lancelot9898

I lived aboard for close to 20 years at a marina in Solomons, MD which met most of if not all of your requirements. Plus it was a lot cheaper than Annapolis. I had Dish networks with the dish installed on a piling, access to cable if needed, a hard line phone line which gave access to internet. I usually travelled out of BWI which was an hour and a half drive. One way car rental was available with pick up at boat to get to airport. I think now there is a shuttle available from some of the local motels, but the client paid for transportation so cost was not an issue in getting to the airport. I could walk to post office, grocery store and laundry even though there was a machine at the marina. Miss living aboard now, but the boat is close by and I do go out sailing every week. Most liveaboards just stayed put at the dock, but I always had the boat ready to sail with everything put away so I actually sailed more while living aboard than I do now. One other benefit of living aboard is the world cruisers that you get to know.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome