SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working from my office...on a sailboat? Yeah!! (I want-to and need advice)...
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009

lancelot9898 is on a distinguished road
I lived aboard for close to 20 years at a marina in Solomons, MD which met most of if not all of your requirements. Plus it was a lot cheaper than Annapolis. I had Dish networks with the dish installed on a piling, access to cable if needed, a hard line phone line which gave access to internet. I usually travelled out of BWI which was an hour and a half drive. One way car rental was available with pick up at boat to get to airport. I think now there is a shuttle available from some of the local motels, but the client paid for transportation so cost was not an issue in getting to the airport. I could walk to post office, grocery store and laundry even though there was a machine at the marina. Miss living aboard now, but the boat is close by and I do go out sailing every week. Most liveaboards just stayed put at the dock, but I always had the boat ready to sail with everything put away so I actually sailed more while living aboard than I do now. One other benefit of living aboard is the world cruisers that you get to know.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook