Join Date: Aug 2000
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 16
I've use the spot and found it generally OK.....
it is no replacement for an EPIRB or PLB, however. Ref your usage;
1. I'm pretty sure it has to have a clear view of the sky, but that should be possible.
2. The tracking only works for 24hrs so you will have to push the button again ever day.
3. They specify lithium batteries so I am not sure how sensitive to voltage fluctuation it is, if you wire it to the boats system.
4. How near to you boat are you? If you check the position daily what happens if the boat has dragged (critical, i.e. on the rocks, messy, i.e. into other boats etc.) ?
5. WAAS require accuracy of 7 meters or better both vertically and laterally, 95% of the time, as far as I know.
I would spend the $70 + the $150 per year on a bigger anchor, IMHO.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.