SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hobie Cats Club (all Cats welcome)
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009

Mauryd is on a distinguished road
I'm 46 but I refuse to be as old as my age. I guess I like the adrenaline on the edge. I stay in fairly decent shape so that helps. I want to be able to sail a Hobie when I'm 70. That's not too far fetched today.

I plan on selling at least one of the Hobies this spring. I found a great deal on the first H16 then I found a fantastic deal on the 2nd H16 that I couldn't pass up. ($400 with boat, galvanized trailer, sails and all. Ready to sail but needs cosmetic work)

Then I came across the last Hobie I just bought 2 days ago A 76 Hobie H18. Hulls totally gelcoated on bottom halfs, nice tramp, 2 sets of sails, roller furling, Spare tires and rollers for trailer, brand new tires and rims on the trailer. The only work I have to do is paint the dagger boards, rudders, and scrape and paint the trailer.

I can't even tell you what I paid for it. Trust me. Great deal.

My son and I will have projects to keepp us busy all winter on Wednesday nights and weekends. Gonna be great!

Hobies and small, fast boats are the very best way to learn how to helm. That is what I am told by all the salts in my area.

I am just stoked.

Welcome to the Hobie club!

Maury
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook