SailNet Community - View Single Post - 42i side stay on the way of Genoa?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perico View Post
Is there no one out there familiar with this boat or boats that have the side stay attached to the side of the hull?
Perico,

I'm not familiar with the 42i, but our boat has outboard chainplates on the hull to which all the shrouds attach.

As Faster and Marty suggested, the fact that the upper shroud is attached outboard on the hull is not a disqualifier by any stretch. The designer factors all these variables when configuring the rig and sail geometry for the boat. Not knowing the boat, I would venture that it doesn't normally use a large genoa, or if it does the biggest ones sheet outboard and clear of the upper shroud and outboard chainplate.

In other words, the sails will be cut and set to avoid interference with the standing rigging. That is how it's done on our boat and most boats as a rule. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you hear of problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 10-03-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook