SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau Attitude Suck for You?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005

gtsusa is on a distinguished road
Beneteau Attitude Suck for You?

Dear Beneteau Owners Past and Present,

I am interested in finding ALL of you out there that have had a difficult time buying a Beneteau boat in the US - either (1) you tried to buy a Beneteau, but decided not to because of either the dealer, or Beneteau SA or (2) you purchased a boat and had a terrible experience with warranty issues.

I am not trying to drum up a class action lawsuit, but I do want to hear all the ''horror stories'' so that in an article(s) I am writing will have as many real world examples of poor service and brand destruction as possible.

After all, Beneteau is a GREAT brand, but as I know many have also seen, it is being ruined by arrogance, complacency and a corrupted dealer network that is encouraged to manipulate the market and fix the pricing through lack of transparency and the CSI program.

So you may be asking - Who is this guy and why should anyone write to him?

I am a Beneteau Biggot and love the design, the brand and have been sailing Beneteaus for over 20 years. My first experience of buying a new Beneteau was torture and even after trips to France to the HQ in 2005 and to see ''my'' boat on the production line in Marion I was forced to dissolve the contract due to the attitude of the dealer AND Beneteau. I want the shareholders of Chantiers Beneteau S.A. to know what is going on here in the US and how the management is killing a great product quality and a great name. I intend to publish the events of my failed purchase in various magazines and online.

If you have any stories and want to get anything off your chest, let me help you. I''ll work with all respondents, keep confidentialities and protect identities as requested. Please send me your Beneteau ‘frustration story’ and/or Beneteau nightmare (big, or small) to gtsusa@yahoo.com.

Regards and thank you in advance for contributing to a process to protect the Beneteau brand and your investment!

A Beneteau Biggot.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook