SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau Attitude Suck for You?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Beneteau Attitude Suck for You?

I am wondering if you have simply hit a bad dealer. I have been in direct ccontact with quite a few people who have bought new Beneteaus out of Annapolis Yacht Sales and others who have owned older Beneteaus. I have been extremely impressed with quality of service that I have witnessed. Annapolis Yacht Sales has its own service company and perhaps that may affect the quality of service relative to other dealers but I have watched over and over again as issues have been sorted out quickly and to the owner''s satisfaction. Frankly the high quality service has been one of the aspects that leads me to recommend Beneteaus so strongly.

I have also been involved with a number of people who owned older Beneteaus. Again I was extremely impressed with Beneteau USA''s support of older models. Odd items like the curved doors were readily available at reasonable prices. Items like the Lewmar hatches that were not even Beneteau products were stocked and sold below prices at discount stores. They had tech guys just a phone call away who knew even the older boats inside and out and in sufficient detail that they were capable of providing detailed routing for new wiring allowing us to run the wiring through the pan without having to cut new holes.

In the new boat deals that I have followed Beneteau seems to have delivered their boats on time, for the quoted price, and as ordered. The only shortcoming that I have experienced is that these are production boats and so the Beneteau factory seems to be reluctant to make anything beyond the most minor changes and charge quite a bit for any changes beyond the norm.

Since I often recommend Beneteaus to people looking for coastal cruisers or cruiser/racers, I am concerned that you have not had a good experience with them. I would be very interested in learning what sort of problems have you encountered?

Respectfully,
Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook