SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau Attitude Suck for You?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005

gtsusa is on a distinguished road
Beneteau Attitude Suck for You?

Jeff,

Thank you for the feedback. I too have found AYS very helpful. In fact, Ken Commerford at AYS is a ''stud'' when it comes to sales and selling a Beneteau. If I could I would have purchased a boat from him. However as so well put by AYS and the 7 other dealers I spoke with myself, or through a proxy, Beneteau USA drives dealers via the CSI reward program. They also support the notion that "This is America and you can buy from any dealer....BUT..."

And here is the kicker that is just ONE part of what I''ll write up for all would be buyers of a new Beneteau...this is a quote from the dealer that just lost the sale in which he is 100% honest and right about buying a boat ''outside'' of region as you are suggesting...

"if you buy it from another dealer, honestly they are not going to warranty it here. Beneteau will warrant it but you''re going to be dealing directly with Beneteau on any warranty issue on the boat. No different than if you walked in here, bought this boat and you then moved to Florida a week later. The Bnt dealer in Florida is not going to help you. Sure they might be friendly etc, but they are going to tell you to call the factory direct, they didn''t sell the boat to you."

Thanks and keep sending the emails. Yes, there will be great service scenarios (as should be the norm), but I want to hear from all those that had poor experience a the hands of a dealer, or Beneteau USA.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook