SailNet Community - View Single Post - Portapotty or holding tank on a Tanzer 8.5
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009

rickanlisa is on a distinguished road
Question Portapotty or holding tank on a Tanzer 8.5

I recently purchased my Tanzer 8.5 it currently has a portapotty installed but the previous owners mentioned that it used to have a macerator.Now my question is does anyone know 1.Is there a holding tank already installed somewhere(if there is i can't locate it),2.If there is a holding tank why isn't there a topside pumpout valve(i did find a sealed thru hull fitting behind the porta that roughly one foot or so above the water line and what was possibly a thru hull fitting also sealed below the waterline also behind the porta)3.If there is no holding tank how difficult would it be to install anew head with a holding tank and any recomendations on type of head or size of tank to install and would i have to haul her out to do the install? I would greatly appreciate any help with this as it is probably going to be the first decent size project i'll be doing on her.We currently liveaboard in a marina and the porta is just a royal pain in the a*s.thanks again for any help.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook