SailNet Community - View Single Post - Singlehanded cruising in the Caribbean
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009

Volkhard is on a distinguished road
Gail
I am sorry to read about your experience. You are the master of your vessel and nobody else should make these decissions for you. Your "friend" is not showing you the necessary respect! I understand you want to be nice and don't want anybody to loose their money or been un-invited. I assume your "friend" knows that and this got you into this situation to beginn with.I am myself victom off these kind of friends and if you are not careful they walk right over you. You are becoming a "cruise ship captain" for the time you have them on board while your friend is the hero because he is giving his friends this great vacation ...
There is alot wrong with our society and I can only agree with therapy not knowing what is "normal" behavior any more.
I am 21 month behind you and will start fulltime cruising in summer 2011.
I just hope this yourney works out for you and you will get this behind you. I will be singlehanding so I can pick and choose with whom I like to communicate. Might be the best thing for you as well until you find real friends who fully respect you.
Keep us posted how everything works out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Florida Sailor

ODYSSEY
Island Packet 37 (hull53)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook