SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

meeting them there mods...

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Superpickle 
#1 ·
ok, would someone please turn on a cyber fan or the air conditioning?

I just finished reading the moderator intro page and I am all flushed...

No one warned me that we have our own 'Shipendales' team runnin this place!

#2 ·
Hehehehe.:D

Yeah, but even if you make it through auditions and get accepted, it's no cakewalk. It can be brutal and ruthless, and the objectification is so demeaning.

Then there's the constant pressure. Even after all he'd done, poor CD got a little soft in the middle so they found a replacement and sent him packing out to sea ...

#6 ·
Hello there CD - hopefully our paths will cross sooner rather than later; I am going to fly down in December and bum around the norther islands for a bit before going through the canal this season. I finally got a hosted website and put up some more commented pictures, see http://www.sv-zanshin.com/Caribbean2008-2008/ for the new version.
For those that have not seen his pics, Znashin ha an awesome gallery here. I have been following it a while. He is a very knowedgeable sailor and knows the areas down there.

He also recently purhcased a beautiful new boat. I believe it may be in the pics. He tried to get a Catalina 400, but it was too fast him, so he had to settle on a Jeauneau 49ds. Poor fellow. HEHE!

Hope we can meet Zan. I am pushing things here to wrap up as quickly as possible. It's stressful and exciting at the same time.

Take care. Thanks for the post. Let's stay in touch.

Brian

#7 ·
Lol, what I really wanted was a Catamaran, but they wouldn't let me buy one and told me if I just used one BBQ on just one side it might list too much and I wasn't USCG licensed for more than 1 BBQ in any case. The Catalina scared the bejeesus outta me, so I chose the blue 49DS and don't use the sails, I just tie a beach to the front sail and use a smaller hand-towel off the mast for a mainsail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.