SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dufour 325 vs. C & C 99
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
What budget do you have? I've seen used Bendy 36.7's in the 110-120K range. The C&C 110 I've seen in the 90-110K range for late 90s early 2000 fiberglass models, 02 or 03 the epoxy hulls started coming out. The 99's all have epoxy. I personally prefer the aft head floor plan of the 110/115 models vs the forward head of the 99, B 36.7/10r models.

Unfortunately and I am not sure why, in the 28-34' range, are not a lot of what I would call racer/crusiers to Cruiser/racers. Mostly "racers" ala mumm/Farr 30's, or performance cruisers like the Dufour, Bendy Oceanus, or Jeanneau's SO series. A few Jeanneau SF versions, basically a deep keep, tallmast SO in either 32 or 35' versions when looking older in the size you seem to be looking at. The new 33i has a Performance model, similar to the old SF vs a shorter mast SO model. There are only two keel versions of the 33i, so the P version used the deep vs the shoal keel. the 36i has a shoal 4.4 and deep 6' for the std versions, the P version has the 6 or 6.5' keel, might be 6.5 and 7', going on memory here.

As far as deep keel go......not sure about what I will assume is Great Lake sailing. For me in puget sound, 20' of draft is not a real issue for the most part! Not that I would want to be that deep mind you. but 7' would not be an issue.

In chicago, there is a Dehler 34, about 120K US. I wish it were closer. set up for FAST cruising, along with a set of race sails. Those are nice boats. Any Delphia's near you? nice boat for the money too. X-yacht might be a good one to look at too.

I do not know your budget, so that makes it tough to suggest......

Keep looking, something will show up!

marty