SailNet Community - View Single Post - liveaboard home theater
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009
Meat Popsicle

nailbunnySPU is on a distinguished road
Per justification, It's my priorities. I live aboard because it's a cheap way to live without roommates in a great neighborhood and it doesn't hurt that I love sailing. I am also heavily technical in carreer and personal life. If I'm tied up all the time and watching the daily show on a stuttering feed on a netbook, that ain't living, and if I'm getting a TV i'm not going to run up an antenna for some g-d major network reality show b-s. In my life there are music, movies and games and as long as I don't have the funds to spend my time cruising, I feel it's reasonable to have the means to entertain myself and my guests. And if i spend money, it makes sense to go as future-proof as possible with lossless audio, hd picture and modular design. Not to mention i already have a home theater in a box mouldering away in storage until I get this sorted out.

The expendature is actually quite reasonable, a computer would likely serve multiple simultaneous roles in the way that computers do and any equipment for on-demand video are small one-time expenses especially taking into account that I'm not paying for cable tv.

Per keeping up with the joneses, if you knew me you'd know how ridiculous and insulting that suggestion is. I buy objects for their function and revel in forgoing extraneous expenses that are mandated by convention.

Hopefully I have satisfied urges to question my desires and we can get down to discussing equipment.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook