SailNet Community - View Single Post - liveaboard home theater
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009
Meat Popsicle

nailbunnySPU is on a distinguished road
Oh and regarding a PS3, that is an astute suggestion. We may as well make it option 4.

You likely suggested it because it does handle blu ray and hdmi 1.3 and wireless kb/mice and even has some basic computer ability.

The thing that interests me the most about it is that one can install linux on it and use it as an actual computer. I have actually gone as far as to install a nintendo wii remote on a sony ps3 with the magic of linux and bluetooth. The one buzzkill is that the graphics drivers have not caught up and it cannot run the most basic games in linux and I'm not very enthused about shelling out the big bucks for lots of games, especially when FPS games that I occasionally play are ALWAYS better on pc.

Other detriments to the PS3 is it's actually the largest of the four options, can get quite hot, and the fan is quite fantastically loud, problems that would all be exacerbated in such a small space. Perhaps I could make some sort of container to keep it out of sight or stow it somewhere unlikely, the wireless controllers allow for flexibility. You got me thinking, I like that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook