SailNet Community - View Single Post - Slimed again!
Thread: Slimed again!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Slimed again!

The 2000E barrier coat that is now 1.5 yrs on the boat is great! I've always used generic bottom paint (wm) and that's mostly still on the bottom too. there are areas that have peeled off due to the non stick qualities of the barrier coat. Easy to fix by spring.
The prices of some bottom paints are way way up there and I've never seen a river moored boat without slime build up. Some of the racers really spend big $s on VC17 and others types of high end bottom coatings. But, by season's end.. we are "slimed" To give you an idea how slimey our river is; When a trailered boat is left at the dock a couple of days.. it's already slimed!

Is there really any bottom paint that will prevent this?

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook