SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dufour 325 vs. C & C 99
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009

mikehoyt is on a distinguished road
Sebastien

The C&C 99 is shallower draft at 5.5 feet than either the Beneteau 10R or the J97. I particularly love all three boats for what they offer. I think of the three the 99 is probably also the most affordable.

Our best friends have a 99 and I sail on it regularly. It definitely rewards good sail trim while at the same time not being overly fussy if the sails are a bit off. The boat sails well in coastal waters and the boat is very well rigged.

Their boat has provided zero problems. They are extremely happy with the fit and finish and other than the optional table which everyone regards as next to useless there has been nothing but good with this boat. We have slept 6 on the boat which is tight but with 3 adults and one child it would be great!

the aft cabin on the 99 might provide some problems if one is claustrophobic as the ceiling is quite low but it is suprisingly long and at 6'2" I have no feeling of a short bunk when I sleep on it.

The head has opening doors to the main cabin which is pretty useless and is a bit of a wiggle to get into head from forward cabin. Vee berth looks very comfortable but I never get to sleep in there.

The 99 is a great boat. You will enjoy it.

For me I would like to take the interior of the J97 and stuff it in the new J95. That would be something!

Mike
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook