SailNet Community - View Single Post - Inland Waterway
Thread: Inland Waterway
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2001

jack_patricia is on a distinguished road
Inland Waterway

Eric''s asked a good question, as suggestions vary a bit based on where you''d like to pick up the boat.

Don''t overlook posting your ''ad'' in marinas & yacht clubs in the major sailing areas near you. Leave a reliable phone #, a good email address, and promise a thorough outline of your experience & qualifications if contacted. Moreover, these days there are free sailing newspapers in every major sailing area of the U.S. and a paid ad in a few of them will reach a wide audience. The Chesapeake''s SPINSHEET and the southeast''s SOUTHWINDS are both good examples, and I believe they both have websites.

Finally, a couple of organizations to considering using:
-- Think about trying to ''plug in'' to the Waterway Radio & Cruising Club (www.jstorm.com/wrcc I believe). This is a 2,000 member ham/cruising community who''s members frequently transit the ICW and Bahamas *very* routinely. They have a quarterly newsletter where such ads can be placed, altho'' I''d try to work with a local member and his radio!
-- Also consider the SSCA (www.ssca.org). They are located in Ft. Lauderdale, have a BB at their website, and last I heard have 10,000 members.

Good luck on the search; you should find many opportunities.

Jack
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook