SailNet Community - View Single Post - SailNet gathering, Friday night of Annapolis Boat Show
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Sorry we missed every one Friday evening but couldn't leave DC until 7 PM.
We drove down to the show Saturday as the winds were pretty brisk early in the day.

Managed to get a great deal on a Gerhaur Radar Pole with an antennae loop and with removable engine lift for $840 and they pay half the freight. We have purchased davits from them before and are very happy with their quality.

We also bought new Gill foul weather gear for a great price and I got a pair of Harken shoes.

Decided on the Harken IV #1 furler and will buy from Defender this week. anyone have one of these? Comments? BTW Defender has great sales on a lot of gear on line till next Sunday

Saturday evening we motored from Rock Creek to Bodkin and anchored in Jubb cove to a cacophony of duck quacks.

Today was a great sailing day in the Patapsco off of Rock Creek. Every day now is a bonus day.

Dave
Mainesail has a MKIV Unit 1 on his CS36 and is very happy with it. I was convinced that I was going with a Unit 1, but seeing them side by side really lead me to believe the Unit 1 might be undersized for a 36 foot boat. Given the huge price increase from the Unit 1 to Unit 2, I'm rethinking how I want to proceed. I'm also giving the Furlex a second look. The Furlex includes everything you need including a new forestay and the furling line blocks both of which you have to add to the cost of the Harken units.

T37, if you have any ideas I'd like to hear them also.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook