SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alright First boat buy $10,000 to spend. Give me you best!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009

PCP777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tager View Post
The smaller the better. I have done a few 3 day cruises on my 24, but I take my dinghy out every day. It's true, the amount of use a boat gets is inversely related to it's length.

I take out my C-25 all the time, and my 12" Escape Captiva has sat in the garage all season. Easier to hank on a jib and throw off lines than tow the boat and launch it.

Now as far as the fun factor? You might have something there.

Quote:
looking for a cruiser for sure strictly sail no huge power, and older because it has a history behind it,and heart.
I think you'd be more worried about seaworthiness, current shape and ease of maintenance than a history. It's is true that older boats can hold together well for a long time if they have been well maintained. Mine is a 79 and I found out this weekend that I'm the 6th owner. ( I ran into the FO and the FFO on the dock last weekend.)

Where will you be sailing? How many will be with you typically? What is your experience level?

Catalina's make a nice choice, the 27 has a lot more room down below than the 25. You can definitely find a nice C-25 for well under 10K.
1979 TR/FK #1390
~Stephanos~
Bayview Marina,
Lake Ray Hubbard
Dallas, TX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook