SailNet Community - View Single Post - What You Have Learned After Becoming a Liveaboard
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailbunnySPU View Post
Aha! Butter that needs no refrigeration!
Nail,

Like you I have been looking for a good butter solution and have not found one. I bought some ghee once but I can't remember now if I liked it or not. I have also tried to find some single serving/condiment sized butter packets and the only place I found that was online mention of "Amul" brand butter from India being available in 25 gram packets with long shelf life, which would work, but I haven't found an actual source for them, only press releases about them.

I remember when I was young butter was just left out on the table until it got so hot that it melted and started to break, and even then people ate it. I might try the ghee again, cruisers do recommend it.

You would think small packages of butter would be easy to find, I mean, you can go to Waffle House and they'll give you packages of butter for your waffles, somebody must sell it, either that or maybe it isn't actually butter, the packages seem to say "spread" on them.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wind_magic; 10-13-2009 at 03:41 AM. Reason: added picture
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook