SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jessica Watson
Thread: Jessica Watson
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
To be honest I havn't been giving this a lot of thought so its only just filtered through that she is going for a non stopper. Now neither of the two young boys who have gone round recently tried to do it non stop and if I'm correct they both went through Panama and not round the Horn.

Kind of adds another level of concern really. At least Sunderland and Perham had the advantage of being able to wait out the weather and could take a break every now and then.

I'm still up in the air over this. On the one hand, good on her for having a go but on the other I wonder about the motives of her parents and sponsors.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all pans out....but at least she has all those fab skin care preparations to keep her complexion in tip top shape.....oh, my god......what if she gets a cold sore or heaven forfend acne ? Now that really would be a tragedy.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook